calculate time and job hours

G

in my job, (about 20 workers) write how many hours they've worked, and where they worked (we have several different job sites, and this could change oftenly.)

now, we bill per job, and part of calculating this job is calculating job hours. at the same time, this form that the workers use is also used to calculate pay hour.

currently everything tis done by hand... sooo... being bored, i decided to automate this function so that all one would have to do is enter what is written on the paper.

also, i'd like to be able to enter new employees and new jobs from that same area.

i was thinking of using combo boxes in vb, but some how i can't get the "linked cells" property to show up.

soo... i need to create 2 different reports (one for job hours, and the other for pay hours) and at the same time change/update information in the workbook.

any ideas?

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Put all the data you possibly can in a workbook.

For instance, sheet 1 should have all your workers going down column A. Sheet 2 should have job number in column A and job name in col b.

Then tell me how much you want to track--a week or a month at a time.

Email it to Dreamboat@TheWordExpert.com

Upvote 0
I created a sample worksheet where you can just put your own info. Email me.

Upvote 0
i was thinking of tracking this information bi weekly (as payroll) but the hours to be tracked for job hours is over a long period of time (some jobs last a year).

thanks for any help!

Upvote 0
you also understand that workers would enter in their time as:

name: john doe
date: 3/07

time in time out job
8:00 12:00 bilbrey
12:30 18:00 jones

then you create a report
which would be for payroll:

john doe

date reg hrs ot hrs
3/07 8 1.5

for job hours:

bilbrey

date worker hours
3/07 john doe 4

i've just barely got done with the entry for the names (so that it will distinguish if its a new entry, editing an old entry, or using an old entry. why? the division takes in new workers, but doesn't assign accounting ids till AFTER payroll. so, they don't know the employee's accounting id when they first enter their time sheet. they hire people from temp agencies, so they need to add new employees all the time.)

sooo much fun :p

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back