Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Maybe a vlookup function, not sure though?

I have code written that will alphabetize names in cells. My problem is the code will alphabetize columns A:C, but there are figures in columns d:j that correspond with A:c, like a:j same row but only a:c will alphabetize I need for the figures in columns D:J to also be moved with the columns A:C. Better explination: if say I have a name in A18 and it is alphabetized up to A7 I need for the figures in D18:J18 to be moved up to A7 as well. I don't understand vlookup very well so any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why aren't you sorting entire rows?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best setup for using Excel features:

Row 1 is headings. (If you need more than one line, use Alt-Enter to create a paragraph return INSIDE a cell--DON'T use multiple cells.)

Row 2 is your first record, row 3 is your second, and so forth.

If you don't have it set up this way, it could be the reason that your sort isn't working properly. When you sort, and you have NO completely blank columns and NO completely blank rows, all the data should go with it. Do NOT select cells, unless you select ALL of them--but if you set your spreadsheet up as stated above, you don't have to select ANY. Just click somewhere on one of the populated cells and hit Data-Sort to sort by more than one column.
    ~Anne Troy

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others