Maybe a vlookup function, not sure though?

G

I have code written that will alphabetize names in cells. My problem is the code will alphabetize columns A:C, but there are figures in columns d:j that correspond with A:c, like a:j same row but only a:c will alphabetize I need for the figures in columns D:J to also be moved with the columns A:C. Better explination: if say I have a name in A18 and it is alphabetized up to A7 I need for the figures in D18:J18 to be moved up to A7 as well. I don't understand vlookup very well so any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Best setup for using Excel features:

Row 1 is headings. (If you need more than one line, use Alt-Enter to create a paragraph return INSIDE a cell--DON'T use multiple cells.)

Row 2 is your first record, row 3 is your second, and so forth.

If you don't have it set up this way, it could be the reason that your sort isn't working properly. When you sort, and you have NO completely blank columns and NO completely blank rows, all the data should go with it. Do NOT select cells, unless you select ALL of them--but if you set your spreadsheet up as stated above, you don't have to select ANY. Just click somewhere on one of the populated cells and hit Data-Sort to sort by more than one column.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back