Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: not for the weak

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a list of part numbers in column A and a price in column B. What I need to do is grab the dup numbers in A and put it's price in column C next to the first occurance of that number. Could also have two columns of part numbers and two columns of prices. Just need to get both prices of the dups into one row.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-03-07 07:43, mrxwannabe wrote:
    I have a list of part numbers in column A and a price in column B. What I need to do is grab the dup numbers in A and put it's price in column C next to the first occurance of that number. Could also have two columns of part numbers and two columns of prices. Just need to get both prices of the dups into one row.

thanks
    Assuming you only have one duplicate number in column A (i.e., part number 1234 will show up a maximum of two times), you could put this formula in C1 and copy down to C400 (assumes your data goes from A1:B400, make changes as required):

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,A2:$B$400,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A1,A2:$B$400,2,0))

For the situation where you have two columns of part numbers and prices, which columns are they located?

Regards,

Barrie Davidson

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others