Linking in Excel Worksheets

G

Currently I have one worksheet (within a workbook) that I use for all my data entry. All the subsequent worksheets are linked to the data worksheet for monthly reports/charts. I know want to create a linked chart that displays only the most current date. I would only want the chart to display data that was entered on the present date. How can I specify a linked range that changes daily on that worksheet?

Thanks for any input.

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
You could probably use an IF statement, but I am not sure how you would increment it each day.

=IF(Data_Entry_Sheet!A1=TODAY(),Data_Entry_Sheet!B1,0)

Maybe you could have the function check a range of dates, compare to todays date, then return the selected data. I'm not sure how help you with that though. :confused:

Upvote 0
That points me in right direction for what I am trying to do. Does anyone know how to create an IF statement to check within a range for a current date or would a VLOOKUP be more appropriate?

Thanks - this is a great site!

Upvote 0
Use a Vlookup function. This way if you use the date in the far left column you can reutn any value in the same row for that day.
=VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index,range_lookup)

where:

lookup_value = The value to be found in the first column of the array.

table_array = The table of information in which data is looked up.

col_index = The column number in the table_array for which the matching value should be returned.

range_lookup = It is a logical value that specifies whether you want to find an exact match or an approximate match. If TRUE or omitted, an approximate match is returned; in
other words, if an exact match is not found, the next largest value that is less than the lookup_value is returned. If FALSE, VLOOKUP finds an exact match. If an exact match is not found, the #N/A error value is returned.

I got this right from Microsofts support page, I am surprise nobody else had any thoughts on this problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back