Data Validation Text Box

G

Hi: I have created a spreadsheet with most cells having Data Validation in them. I have mainly used the Data Validation for general comments (eg. Type persons name here). My question is in regards to the location of the Data Validation Text Box. When I orginally do the Validation the text box appears underneath and to the right of the active cell. This is what I want. The problem is that if someone clicks on and drags that box it no longer appears in that location it now appaears whereever they have dragged the box to as do ALL OTHER Data Validation Text Boxs. This spreadsheet will be iused by a lot of people and I am sure someone will move the Text Box. Does anyone know how I can make sure that the Text Box ALWAYS appears below the active cell. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back