Print Question

Aargh!!

Good Afternoon,
I am trying to find how to "mark" the contents of a cell or row so that I can see the contents on the screen but when I print the document, the contents are hidden. I don't want to hide the row. Is there any other way I can do this?

Many thanks

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
On 2002-02-19 07:40, Aargh!! wrote:
Good Afternoon,
I am trying to find how to "mark" the contents of a cell or row so that I can see the contents on the screen but when I print the document, the contents are hidden. I don't want to hide the row. Is there any other way I can do this?

Many thanks
You can do this in VBA. How are you planning on "marking" the rows you don't want to print?

Upvote 0
Within Lotus, I understand it is possible to "mark" the cell contents with " ¦¦ " and this allows contents to be seen but not printed. Is this VBA method fairly simple / idiot proof? It'll need to be!
Thanks again

Upvote 0
On 2002-02-19 08:49, Aargh!! wrote:
Within Lotus, I understand it is possible to "mark" the cell contents with " ¦¦ " and this allows contents to be seen but not printed. Is this VBA method fairly simple / idiot proof? It'll need to be!
Thanks again
In attempting to come up with a solution, I have identified a potential problem. I can easily hide a row before printing, but the user would have to manually unhide the rows after printing (not idiot proof). If you'd like, I can provide the code to hide a row before printing.

:cry: :mad:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MushtaqAli

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back