Error Checking in Excel
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Msgbox help

I am trying to use the following msgbox function - however I cannot seem to get the help option in the msgbox to work.
    Response = MsgBox("This is a test","64","Demo" "C:appxhelp.hlp",7)

I have a valid help file and context - but including this does not give me any help buttons and even pressing F1 brings up only general excel/vba help.

Surprisingly when I use the same helpfile and context in the inputbox function - It works ! In the input box I see the additional help button and F1 also works.

What could be going wrong in the msbgox function ??

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am trying to use the following msgbox function - however I cannot seem to get the help option in the msgbox to work.
    Response = MsgBox("This is a test","64","Demo" "C:\app\xhelp.hlp",7)

I have a valid help file and context - but including this does not give me any help buttons and even pressing F1 brings up only general excel/vba help.

Surprisingly when I use the same helpfile and context in the inputbox function - It works ! In the input box I see the additional help button and F1 also works.

What could be going wrong in the msbgox function ??
    Well, on first look you're using a string where you should be using a number. Plus, the 'number' you're using is incorrect. Try this:-

intResult = MsgBox("This is a test", vbMsgBoxHelpButton, "Demo", "C:appxhelp.hlp", 7)

The constant vbMsgBoxHelpButton has an actual value of 16384.

HTH,
    D

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others