Rank Function Problem

JohnJay

Can anyone help with the following problem....I have Scores in Column C, and these scores are associated with data broken down into 3 subgroups in columns K, L, & M. Here is my problem...I just want to rank the scores in Column C that have the data in Columns K, L, & M in common. All this data is unsorted. Thank you all

On 2002-03-09 15:28, JohnJay wrote:
I saw that when I tired your code out. I think the latter one would be the best thing for a growing worksheet. I will make a small area in the depts of the sheet, say around IV65536, to store those formulas. It will make them safe from overwrites and accidents...LOL. But I would like to intialize a sheet on startup to contain the rank formula from row 1 all the way to row 65536...this way I dont need to use the fill button at all.

Thanks
John

John, I see your concern. However, don't please fill up up to row 65536. It will make your WB crowl. I'd suggest you start a new thread in which you ask for VBA code that copies an array formula down to the last row of data in a certain column automatically whenever the data change. I'm not sure whether that's possible -- I'd say: post, wait, and see.

Aladin
This message was edited by Aladin Akyurek on 2002-03-09 15:38

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
I see what you mean. Maybe I could just intialize a newly inserted row, and if any new data is entered in an existing blank row, initialize that too.

That may be a better choice than copying formulas too the 65536 row...LOL

I will have to sleep on it. Thanks for your help aladin. Tomorrow I will give it some more thought and let you know...Thanks again

John

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AKSMITH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back