conditional formatting problems

JRolph

I used the formula =AND(A1=MIN(A:A),COUNTIF(A:A,A1)=1)in conditional formatting to find and highlight the single lowest number in a column. This worked fine in my test sheet. When I used it in another workbook it did nothing in one column and would only highlight ones or zeroes in the others.

"WHAT HAPPENED?"

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Funny, you should ask!!! The same thing happened to me while I was verifying a response to your posting yesterday. As a result someone else "beat me to the punch". Later, I tried it again on a fresh worksheet and it worked like a charm.

Upvote 0
Mark,

I've been following this thread as I plan to use this in using it in a "skins" game. Do I format this before I enter scores or is there someway I can format it "after" scores are entered?

Brian

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-08 15:55, Brian from Maui wrote:
Mark,

I've been following this thread as I plan to use this in using it in a "skins" game. Do I format this before I enter scores or is there someway I can format it "after" scores are entered?

Brian

Either way.

Upvote 0
Brian;
I am developing a "skin game" sheet also. I have all the formulas for deducting strokes on the handicap side as I enter the scratch scores on the scratch side.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back