Multiple rows in cell ?

BarrettM

Board Regular
I want to put the following into 1 cell of excel> How do I do it? Every time I press return I go to a new cell.

These are the details
-tech
-cost
-performance

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
You can only associate one hyperlink with one cell, but you could achieve something very similar to what you want by putting your hyperlink on three different rows in column A, but merge the corresponding three cells in column B (so that they look like one cell). And merge the three cells in column C also, etc.

Upvote 0
Hope it's okay to append to this topic since my problem seems kinda related (and I found this topic at the top of the list after a search).

I'm creating 2 lines in a cell via VBA. My code is
Code:
title_line = "Vid frågor ta kontakt med ditt" & vbCrLf & "lokala bankkontor"
Cells(recnr + 1, 2) = title_line

My problem is that the inserted cell shows a small "square" after the word ditt (the cell DOES contain 2 lines though). If I select the cell and delete the "square", the remaining text is still split onto 2 lines. I'm running Excel in English (at least all the help text is in English) on a Swedish XP machine.

Any suggestions ?

Upvote 0
I'm beginning to wonder if there's a bug in Excel depending on the language you're running. The example above gives the erroneous "square" when running XP Pro (Swedish) and English Excel, but doesn't when using EXACTLY the same code/input file etc when using XP Home (English) and Swedish Excel (both versions of Excel seem to be at the same level).

Ho-hum - reported it our support group.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back