Macro for file creation and suggestion for good Macro/Access

kluitna

Board Regular
Hello
I am new to the world of VB and excel marcos. Have gotten allot of really good ideas from this forum in a very short time. My problem is I am setting up a series of workbooks for cost estimating. Each work book is the same in format but has different cost info for different bid items. What I am trying to do is have one workbook that the basic project info can be entered into and then a save as macro is ran that saves the workbook to as different file name in a specified directory. This file name and path would be in another workbook. Here is were I am having problems I can get the workbook to save to a specified path and file name from a sheet in the active workbook, but I don't want that info copied across as many as 60 different workbooks. I can not firgure out the code to tell excel to look into a different workbook, have one cell sepecifing the path and a series of other cells with the various file names. Using code I have gotten off of the forum I have made some head way at this but I have hit a brick wall. So any help would be much apreciated.
Also I would like to get more familiar with VB as it pertains to Excel macros and Acess. Does anyone know of a good reference book out the for writing code?

As said before any help on this would be much appreciated.

Paul

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amjad24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back