Adding zero's to blank cells

Anthony G

Hello to all!! Is it possible to selcect all of the blank cells in a given range (multiple columns/rows) and insert a 0?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Anthony

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Yes, select your range, choose the Edit | Go To... | Special... Blanks menu command, type 0, and press Control+Enter.

Upvote 0
Hey Mark, thanks for the response!!!. When I select the range, it appears that it will only allow a zero to be placed on a line that has a formula and not in any other cells. When I select a few blank cells and follow the steps that you outlined, it tells me that no blank cells were found. Any other suggestions??? Thanks again!!!

Anthony

Upvote 0
I actually just found out something very interesting. The data that I'm trying to do this with was copied to Excel from an Access table. The cells appear to be blank, which had me wondering as to why Mark's method wasn't working. I then went into those cells and selected "clear contents". It now works............BUT WHY???

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Anthony

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-12 05:27, Anthony G wrote:
I actually just found out something very interesting. The data that I'm trying to do this with was copied to Excel from an Access table. The cells appear to be blank, which had me wondering as to why Mark's method wasn't working. I then went into those cells and selected "clear contents". It now works............BUT WHY???

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Anthony

I suspect that your data contained either spaces (" ") or the null text string (""). These are quite different from an empty cell. One way to eliminate these values is to select them and use the Data | Text to Columns... menu command.
This message was edited by Mark W. on 2002-03-12 06:28

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back