Format Help needed

JohnJay

Does anyone know if there is a way to spit out all the formatting and formula info for a row? What I would like to do is be able format an entire row on the fly if a user clicks on a row that is not formated.

thanks John

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Sure Juan,

I have a sheet that each row has formulas and formats that are constant. the only exception of course is referencing. I want to copy all the formating to VBA code, so I can make and add-in that will automatically format a header in the first row, and then format the second row with the above formulas and formats. Then I was thinking that after the initialization above, if a user clicks on a row that is not formated, excel would automatically format that row..like the first row...minus any data the user puts in. Is that possible?

thanks John

Upvote 0
Well, one easy way.

Copy one "formatted" row into the new one. Then, delete all values (You can select special constants if you want to keep formulas) and you have a "clean" row.

Upvote 0
Thats the idea I have when I have at least one row like that...How do I copy all that formating to VBA so that a blank sheet can be initialized like that

Upvote 0
That's the part that sucks. You can "record" a macro while you format each cell, but, there's no direct way of taking the formating. Something are just SO easy to do manually in Excel, but, yet, so long to do in VBA...

Upvote 0
Thats what I was trying to avoid...Reformatting all that just to record a macro...LOL Thanks anyway juan. I wish there was a way to save a row as a formated code

Upvote 0
Sure can, but thats square 2. Back at square 1, we have a blank sheet. The addin will take a blank sheet and format it with a header row and the next row with the formulas and formats I have tested in anotehr workbook. The idea is that when the addin is loaded, if the sheet is clean, format it like above, else do nothing to it.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back