Pick From List

G

Is there a way to modify what appears when you right click a cell and choose "pick from list..."? For example, could I enter a custom list somewhere on another sheet and have those values appear when I right click and choose "pick from list"?

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Create your list anywhere in your workbook, preferably in a column by itself and starting in row 1. After you've created your list, select that entire column. Hit Insert-Name-Define and give it a name like MyList.

Where you would like a list, select the cell, hit Data-Validation. Choose List from the dropdown. In the context box below, type:

=MyList

Upvote 0
Hi

I liked this question so have ghad a play and sadly no better way that Dereamboats comments they are spot on ..

Only other idea i have was VBA to target and have popup box if say cell value / text = Jack in the UK (or whatever)to select cell text / value in say radio buttonor ballon fashion (looks nicer) but then though silly idea. Maybe no so .... errmmm i sleep on that one.. poss not so silly after all.

HTH
Rdgs
----------
Jack

Upvote 0
Thanks DreamBoat - your suggestion works beautifully. I was going to say it worked "just dreamy", but didn't have the nerve - thanks!

Upvote 0
Dreamboat gives an excellent tool that I felt needed highlighting for anyone that hadn't seen it - it also highlights how use of MrExcel's search function works wonders.

Upvote 0
On 2002-08-02 03:46, sann0638 wrote:
Dreamboat gives an excellent tool that I felt needed highlighting for anyone that hadn't seen it - it also highlights how use of MrExcel's search function works wonders.

Mike,

That Search function appears to me to be slightly biased.

:biggrin:
This message was edited by Aladin Akyurek on 2002-08-02 04:21

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back