Error Checking in Excel
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pick From List

Is there a way to modify what appears when you right click a cell and choose "pick from list..."? For example, could I enter a custom list somewhere on another sheet and have those values appear when I right click and choose "pick from list"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Create your list anywhere in your workbook, preferably in a column by itself and starting in row 1. After you've created your list, select that entire column. Hit Insert-Name-Define and give it a name like MyList.

Where you would like a list, select the cell, hit Data-Validation. Choose List from the dropdown. In the context box below, type:

=MyList

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

I liked this question so have ghad a play and sadly no better way that Dereamboats comments they are spot on ..

Only other idea i have was VBA to target and have popup box if say cell value / text = Jack in the UK (or whatever)to select cell text / value in say radio buttonor ballon fashion (looks nicer) but then though silly idea. Maybe no so .... errmmm i sleep on that one.. poss not so silly after all.

HTH
    Rdgs
    ----------
    Jack

Thanks DreamBoat - your suggestion works beautifully. I was going to say it worked "just dreamy", but didn't have the nerve - thanks!

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreamboat gives an excellent tool that I felt needed highlighting for anyone that hadn't seen it - it also highlights how use of MrExcel's search function works wonders.
    Regards, Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

On 2002-08-02 03:46, sann0638 wrote:
    Dreamboat gives an excellent tool that I felt needed highlighting for anyone that hadn't seen it - it also highlights how use of MrExcel's search function works wonders.
    Mike,

That Search function appears to me to be slightly biased.

[ This Message was edited by: Aladin Akyurek on 2002-08-02 04:21 ]

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others