equations between sheets after sorting

G

cells in one sheet referring to another sheet are no loner valid after second sheet rows are sorted;

conditional formating apparently requires a pseudo column to make a decision regarding data in another shhet.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Suppose your linking formulas say:

=Sheet2!A2

change it to:

=Sheet2!$A$2

Upvote 0
Stay here in the question, RR. I was just looking to see if you had replied.

I see what you are saying now. Why would you be sorting the original information? Why don't you copy it to another sheet called "sorted"?

Why are you linking to these cells in the first place? Do they need to be repeated? Perhaps you're not setting your file up properly?

Why don't you give us some info about your sheets and what you're doing with them. It's always much more helpful if you give this info up front.

Just an FYI (not yelling): Using the Private Message option is really intended for *personal messages*. Don't use it to give responses to posts on the board, unless you need to provide perhaps confidential info or something.
This message was edited by Dreamboat on 2002-03-11 19:29

Upvote 0
Sorry, Rick. Did not mean to tell you not to PM, because that's not what you did and I just realized it. It's okay to email me, but others on the board don't *benefit* by seeing your response. Many free tech support sites follow the *rule* that you should keep all correspondence about the question IN the question, so that others can read and learn.

:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back