Error Checking in Excel
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: remove links

HI! I want to remove a link that reffers to another excel file. although i've downloaded a utility that supposed to locate links and removes them it still exists there. I tried to change it's path to the current file but still nothing! any ideas?

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi
    You could try this:
    Go to Edit, Links and find the name of the link source. Use the find function on each sheet to see if it can locate anything with the sheet name (eg a reference in a formula etc).
    Try removing one sheet at a time, then close/reopen file to locate the sheet/s with the link.
    good luck
    Derek

Rest in Peace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here some additional info (some the same)

This is a common problem with Excel and there are a few ways to fix it.

1. Go to Insert>Name>Define and make sure you do not have any named ranges refering to an outside Workbook.

2. Go to Edit>Links and try to use the "Change Source" button to refer your link back to the your open workbook. In other words try and change the link so it refers to itself.

3. Open the a new workbook and create a link to it and Save. Now go to Edit>Links and use the "Change Source" to refer the link to the new Workbook. Save again and then delete the link you created.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others