i need help and quick

dredpipin

i need 2 know how to link information between workbooks.For example i hav a workbook which contains information that i want to send to an invoice sheet.But i still want it to exist in then original workbook e.g copying not cutting.Please respond a.s.a.p

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Open both Workbooks. In the one you want to duplicate information type:
=
in a cell then go to Window>"Your other workbook" select the sheet then the cell and push Enter. Double click back in the cell, or go to the formula bar and and cycle through pushing F4 to go from absolute to relative reference then copy the formula to wherever!

Upvote 0
Ah but you misunderstood,i wanted to know how to transfer information such as:-Name,address,telephone etc... and duplicate it to the invoice via a macro because it must be repeated for a amateur user.sorry 4 the lack of info

Upvote 0
Hi dredpipin

That would take some detailed information to get that done. You can either record a macro, or (probably best) save your workbook as another name and delete what you don't want.

Upvote 0
could u possibly write me an example of how to get around it or give me a technical name for the action so i can research it.Has it got any relations to do with pivot tables.rsvp

Upvote 0
Hi dredpipin

Sorry, I wouldn't have the time, as I say it would require a lot of detail. I am sure that if you repost you will get a response here. There are loads of kind helpers here.

Have you tried just a simple formula reference? I feel sure it could pull in the needed data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Da9l87

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back