How do I Mail merge filtered records?

cms

How do I Mail merge filtered records? Each time I try to meger a subset from a file, the whole file merges.

Thanks Charles

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Charles

Perhaps, I don't have any clever answers for you but a few options that would work. You can save the filtered records into a new excel file and link this to your merge document. Alternatively, you can create another column in your spreadsheet, Type a "Y" in the first row against your first filtered record and then drag then autofill the rest of the filtered records. You can then filter these records out using the query option in the word mail merge wizard to select everything with a "Y" in your new column.

HTH

Matt

Upvote 0
I have just done a similar thing to what you describe. I used Autofilter to find the records I wanted, then I highlighted and copied them to a new worksheet with the same headings etc. (the new worksheet must be the first one in the workbook), then merged them in to Word.

It worked for me, hope this helps.

Upvote 0
You could also use advanced filter to filter to a new location, but why not use Word's Mail Merge Criteria options to filter for you? You can set the filter options each time you run the merge without having to prefilter in Excel.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back