Array formula not computing

G

Aloha!

I have this array formula:

=sumproduct((sep.!$b$1:sep.!$b$360="employee name")*(sep.!$d$1:sep.!$d$360="vac"),sep.!$c$1:sep.!$c$1:sep.!$c$360)+sumproduct(sep.!$g$1:sep.!$g$360="employee name")*(sep.!$i$1:sep.!$i$360="vac"),sep.!$h$1:sep.!$h$360)

It's not summing correctly, when it should be 80 it's summing 72, missing a day. I've been trying to figure this out to no avail. Anybody has any ideas. Cells are formatted correctly.

Brian

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Brian

I haven't tried your formula, but looking at it the following looks a bit odd, is it meant to include the $C$1 twice?

$c$1:$c$1:$c$360

Raoul

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-12 08:16, Anonymous wrote:
Aloha!

I have this array formula:

=sumproduct((sep.!$b$1:sep.!$b$360="employee name")*(sep.!$d$1:sep.!$d$360="vac"),sep.!$c$1:sep.!$c$1:sep.!$c$360)+sumproduct(sep.!$g$1:sep.!$g$360="employee name")*(sep.!$i$1:sep.!$i$360="vac"),sep.!$h$1:sep.!$h$360)

It's not summing correctly, when it should be 80 it's summing 72, missing a day. I've been trying to figure this out to no avail. Anybody has any ideas. Cells are formatted correctly.

Brian

=sumproduct((sep.!$b$1:$b$360="employee name")*(sep.!$d$1:$d$360="vac"),sep.!$c$1:$c$360)+sumproduct(sep.!$g$1:$g$360="employee name")*(sep.!$i$1:$i$360="vac"),sep.!$h$1:$h$360)

as Raoul observes and you don't need and shouldn't array-enter this formula.

By the way, wouldn't "sep" instead of "sep." do as sheet name?

Aladin
This message was edited by Aladin Akyurek on 2002-03-12 08:40

Upvote 0
Re: Sep.

Yes it would! Let me try this without CSE.

It's a rookie mistake, which I have been making a lot!

Brian

Upvote 0
Aloha!

I found the error in the sheet that had the data. I deleted rows then added the rows back. Then the formula summed the values correctly. Anyone know why that's so?

Brian

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-12 09:59, Brian from Maui wrote:
Aloha!

I found the error in the sheet that had the data. I deleted rows then added the rows back. Then the formula summed the values correctly. Anyone know why that's so?

Brian

Brian,

Here is the modified SUMPRODUCT formula that you can use:

=SUMPRODUCT((MAR!$B$4:$B$360=$B3)*(MAR!$D$4:$D$360="VAC"),MAR!$C$4:$C$360)+SUMPRODUCT((MAR!$G$4:$G$360=$B3)*(MAR!$I$4:$I$360="VAC"),MAR!$H$4:$H$360)

As you can see I modified the sheet names with periods in them into ones without. The former clutters in my opinion the formula.

I created a hidden column B, which now contains the names whose vacation hours are totaled.

I did a few checks on why the total 72 instead of 80 for Garcia. Didn't find anything like an extra space. The "time" entries appear all numeric. So I'm curious which row on you MAY sheet is in error in the WB you sent me.

I'm resending the WB back, where you can replace the erroneous record/row with the right one. I'd urge to use this WB. & don't forget, will you: it's very seldom the case that the SUMPRODUCT formulas are array-entered.

Aladin

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VanGirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back