Hiding behind no name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack in the UK

Come on guys register your self and fill in a bit about your self - most inportant the location, i find it hard to help many of you if i dont know where you are as time delays are a factor to reply times and as the boards so fast many of you miss your posts and dont check answers - most of the big posters i now know who they are and where so its easy to correspond and so on - but others not so. We all use our real names - please do the same we have nothing to hide just trying to help everyone out..

Come on this anno is a bit silly i would rather answer to your name that just Hi ---

Im sure you get the point... cheers guys.
Rdgs
=========
Jack

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
On 2002-02-19 15:38, Jack in the UK wrote:
Come on guys register your self and fill in a bit about your self - most inportant the location, i find it hard to help many of you if i dont know where you are as time delays are a factor to reply times and as the boards so fast many of you miss your posts and dont check answers - most of the big posters i now know who they are and where so its easy to correspond and so on - but others not so. We all use our real names - please do the same we have nothing to hide just trying to help everyone out..

Come on this anno is a bit silly i would rather answer to your name that just Hi ---

Im sure you get the point... cheers guys.
Rdgs
=========
Jack

No, I don't get the point at all.
If a person prefers to retain anonimity, I fail to see why this should be a problem or why it should make any difference to you.
I also fail to see why it should affect anyone's ability to reply.
I can assure you, also, that posters who have registered are NOT all registered with their own names and details - any name, address, location, etc. can be entered when registering.
Do you also have misgivings about anonymously posted replies?

I suggest that you should respect a person's right to maintain privacy.

Upvote 0
Hi --

No i feel you have blown my commets out of proprotion - sure i know peopel register in asumed names thats fine no dramas, real name i prefer but that my view..

My point was location was i TRY TO HELP not critisise, i do not feel i have been uhelpful or unreasonable to anyone if you track my posts you see the sorry if i get the issue wrong ive no problems what so ever.

Anno i dislike as i would rather reply to an name as i said rather that Hi -- as i see Hi Anno -- as rude.. thats all and Hi -- is hardly a personal reply which its ment as but others are more than welcome to join in the fun and chip in ANY help they can thats the whole idea.

You qoute do i have misgivings for not replying to Anno posters... check my work the evedence is there, i dont care who or where someone is are what skills they have or about me or my skills for that matter i just offer help best i can and give what i can not that im always rights just my ways of working and my ideas.

So NO i totally disagreen i do not avoid ANY posts i answer all can to anyone just as i have done now for 2 years or close on.

Please dont take my comments out of text - just trying to be frindly to all our friends that join in the fun and a name would help so as many people that read my posts will say i email MANY people off the MrExcel side and help them with many projects, else we would clotter the posting board so my help is offer outside to MrExcel posters a well, as others help me.

I log and track questions and will soon post answers to old questions i have solved, most are thouse few replys were posted to, but i would like to post to say use my name Jack here is a answer to your old question, but Anno makes this hard.. my post was i have old board questions i have to post but cant alert the correct person, as we jhave private message i would bounce a message to you to say hey try this....

Its all about help NOT having a go.

Im not posting all this and would not have spend half ann hour of my time bothering to explain if i wanted to be rude would i? and this is just as i care and want to help and plan to continue as lookas people listen.

I would like to add if my comments offended you pleae excet thats not my aim, and except my appoligies, but English is not my best skill so sometimes i explain poorly, remember this is a world wide board, based on english.

I do my best and thats explais my comments a little clearer. Please let me know your thoughts as i am genuinly intrested.

Rdgs
----------
Jack

Upvote 0
jack
you've caught me on a bad day - your post really p***ed me off. well actually i was already p***ed off but this hasn't done anything to improve my mood.

first of all, why single me out? that was completely unnecessary given the number of people who have registered using aliases.

second, why should i subjugate my preference (not using my real name) to meet yours (that i should). why is your preference more important than mine?

third, what's in a name, to use the words of one of your countrymen. i accept anno as a name as much as i do any other and i am disturbed at the intolerance of you and others to my comfort with this.

fourth, if you're so hung up about location, look at the details on my memberlist entry and you'll see that i'm from australia. canberra, in fact, which is more detail than some people who DO use their real names give.(see how angry i am - yu made me use upper case which i almost never do here!)

fifth, while i really feel like taking my bat and ball and going home, i like this site and won't be forced away by others' intolerance and lack of respect for difference.

sixth, i sense that you are like most others who post here a genuine, generous and caring person. i hope that after reading this you may come to accept that mine and others choices are our own and are to be respected, even if you don't agree with them.
anno (aka anno) : )

Upvote 0
Good point anno. Anno is the same as "Jack in the UK" and "RichardS". Doesn't mean anything.

Upvote 0
you've caught me on a bad day - your post really p***ed me off. well actually i was already p***ed off but this hasn't done anything to improve my mood.

Om sorry to hear that WA is 2pm a [a; is outthere but London is 2am, ive been up since 5am and will be asleep soon and up at 5am again, i work hard and excel hard most helping others as i do at work.

first of all, why single me out? that was completely unnecessary given the number of people who have registered using aliases.

If you felt singled out dont its was not an attack on you just my comments and motive about how can i reply in week to come to you as anno if there are many annos who would you know its ment for you? I have no issue with posting attention Anno i asure you but i would rather if ican post to A friend in say Austraila from someone who has gone out his way unasked to try tohelp you and bothered to remember and posted you a reply later just hoping --- just hoping you see it and it puts a smile on that persons face, and the info helps them

Thats all i want, and i will try, hack a few off i might but my reasons are care and honesty, nothing less. Thats rich my crime rate in South London is so bad the police admit its worse that New York the Bronx whih is a shocker as i live here. Not taht my New York friends think it bad.

second, why should i subjugate my preference (not using my real name) to meet yours (that i should). why is your preference more important than mine?

Mine more important than your.... NO... whatever, use any name you are comfortable with.. I have filled in my reg correct for me Jack in the UK,,, no email have not got one, not other stuff, like Excel and Formula Albert Park 3rd March,

third, what's in a name, to use the words of one of your countrymen. i accept anno as a name as much as i do any other and i am disturbed at the intolerance of you and others to my comfort with this.

I agree but like i said i wanted to post to people maybe weekls later, and offer an answer.

fourth, if you're so hung up about location, look at the details on my memberlist entry and you'll see that i'm from australia. canberra, in fact, which is more detail than some people who DO use their real names give.(see how angry i am - yu made me use upper case which i almost never do here!)

I dont go looking and investigating people if you say ABC cool ill run with that, as you say i offer little detail i have nothing to offer or tell, bar i work in finance but my post give that away, dont even have TV where i live watch F1 in pals flat.... i just use PC and Excel read PC books... little else... honest ICQ Yims and AMIS dont even know what they are and i work for PC developement and software design company.. not got a clue..

fifth, while i really feel like taking my bat and ball and going home, i like this site and won't be forced away by others' intolerance and lack of respect for difference.

Dont feel i wish you or anyone wishes you to leave, i said openly evetryone join in the fun and try and help --- did i not.

sixth, i sense that you are like most others who post here a genuine, generous and caring person. i hope that after reading this you may come to accept that mine and others choices are our own and are to be respected, even if you don't agree with them.
anno (aka anno) : )

Ive no issues or problems at all i asure you but try i do and hope i help else im wasting many many hours of my time ....

Respect others sure, but sending a letter i need an address, no where to sent to .. what do i do.

Like i say i have tried my best to help what more can i do.

You can even send me private message, try it anno ill even reply i see it rude not o, just my way. Ive nothing to prove and nothing to gain, bar XL knowledge.

rdgs
==========
Jack

PS keep posting... and have fun...

Upvote 0
jack
fine with all that. i need to point out though that as i have registered my username as 'anno', that's the only 'anno' there can be on this page - usernames are unique. so whenever you see that name it's me, anno.
:)

Upvote 0
This whole thread is a load ridiculous ********.
This board accepts postings from anonymous suscribers and that's that! (quite rightly so, in my opinion - no problem).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back