no macro warning!

Todd_M

Board Regular
Hi
How do you stop the macro warning msgbox showing everytime Im about open a workbook containing macros?

I used the 2000 code on XP and changed:
RegSetValueEx lRet, csValue, 0, REG_HEX, lSecurityLevel, 1

We are in secured intranet and no need to worry about viruses. I need warning not to show for our group worksheet but it still does.

thanks,
help if you can. thanks again,m

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
I can't believe this code has been posted here, talk about opening the door.

It's not suitable for your needs anyway, you want the user to open your workbook and get no warning about the macro that is about to run; I'll bet you have used this code in your workbook, as a macro, which means Excel will see it and display the warning before it runs it. Open your workbook, let the code run then check your macro security level.

To use this code you need another mechanism for running it other than excel, and you need to instruct your users to use that mechanism to open your spreadsheet. (I am not going to tell you how to do that in an open discussion).

This opens you up to all sorts of risks, even if you are on a secured intranet you need to worry about viruses; users bring them in from home on floppies, usb pens, CD's, emails etc.

And of course, all the l337 h4cx0r5 now know how to get round the macro warning because this thread will appear in google soon enough.

Upvote 0
Ok thanks though. I did try to use it but it did not do anything. I know the risk involved and you are right, we use our app from VPN. Its just users often click "disable" the macro when they open the application and wonder why the automation does not work. Its happens almost everyday.

This is the only way to by pass this at least for a particular excel workbook application.

thnks,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back