no macro warning!

Todd_M

Board Regular
Hi
How do you stop the macro warning msgbox showing everytime Im about open a workbook containing macros?

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
I was browsing and this topic caught my eye. I realize that to be a solution, however, what if I don't want to change a users setting so that it won't prompt all of the time. I want it to not prompt only for my app. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Don't forget, the whole point of a macro warning is so someone is warned of the possibility the macro contains a virus. If someone wishes to be forewarned of a spreadsheet that has a macro, do you really think you should be trying to get around it?

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-12 12:56, tk19 wrote:
Don't forget, the whole point of a macro warning is so someone is warned of the possibility the macro contains a virus. If someone wishes to be forewarned of a spreadsheet that has a macro, do you really think you should be trying to get around it?

It depends. Yes, it is a good idea to leave it alone, especially if you're downloading stuff.

However, if you wrote the macro yourself and/or you are the only person who uses the workbook (which is the scenario for me), then it can become very tiring to see it every single time.

This message was edited by Von Pookie on 2002-03-12 13:01

Upvote 0
If you are using Excel 97, you can password protect the workbook (when saving), and it won't ask to enable macros when opened. It will, however, ask for a password.

I don't think the case is the same in XL 2K.

-rh

Upvote 0
In XL 2000 you can add a digital signature. I've never used this so you'll need to look at Help for more on this, but basically the digital signature tells XL that the file is from a trusted source and not some pre-pubescent pleb that copied some malicious code from the internet.

Upvote 0
Yes, you beat me to it mark, You have to install the digital signatures from the office disk (features/office tools/digital signture for vba, click arrow/run my comp)

Then find the file c:/program files/microsoft office/office and click on self cert.exe and list your name

Then go to v.b. and click on the workbook your using and choose tools/digital signatures/choose/ok/ok.

Last close program (save it), reopen it and it will promp you one last time, check off the checkbox and your all set!!!

Upvote 0
Is it me, or is that scary? How does this prevent "some pre-pubescent pleb that copied some malicious code from the internet" (Mark O'Brien's words, not mine) from creating his/her own signature?

Maybe it stores some of your computer's info? Todd, did you have to register anything online or anything like that?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back