Listboxes value

G

Im using a code that reads the value in a listbox on a userform. My problem is that the code doesnt read the value unless the user clicks the text in the list box. Is there anyway of getting around this. Im using the code below-Private Sub CommandButton3_Click()

Me.Hide
Sheets("BALANCE SHEET").Select
Rows("4:9141").EntireRow.Hidden = True
v = ActiveWorkbook.CustomDocumentProperties("list").Value
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each C In Worksheets("BALANCE SHEET").Range("a4:a9141") ' Adjust your range if necessary
If C.Value = v Then
C.Rows.EntireRow.Hidden = False
End If
Next C
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=-1
Module7.compbar
Unload Me
End Sub

Private Sub addbutton_Click()
ListBox2.AddItem ListBox1.Value
End Sub

Private Sub deletebutton_click()
If ListBox2.ListIndex = -1 Then Exit Sub
ListBox2.RemoveItem ListBox2.ListIndex

End Sub

Private Sub ListBox2_click()
ActiveWorkbook.CustomDocumentProperties("list").Value = ListBox2.Value
End Sub

The addbutton adds a selection from listbox1 to listbox2, then using the commandbutton3_click() its supposed to do its thing, but it won't becouse the code is not reading a value from listbox2 unless the user clicks the item in listbox2, then clicks commandbutton_click3(). Have any sugestions?

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
First of all, I want to thank you for putting all of your code in your post!

Do you get an error or does your code just not do what it should? At first blush, I'd quess that this is what's at the root of your problem:

Private Sub ListBox2_click()
ActiveWorkbook.CustomDocumentProperties("list").Value = ListBox2.Value
End Sub

This sets the custom property - so the user must click in ListBox2's list to get this to happen, correct?

If you're getting an error, click Debug and tell me what line it goes to. If you are not getting an error, tell me what does happen when it doesn't do what you want.

Thank you,

rh

Upvote 0
Didnt mean to sound that way, sorry-
Ok,I do not get an error, It works as it should as long as I click on the text in the listbox2. But becouse im using commandbutton3_click() as the command to have the code work I dont want to have the user to have to click on the listbox2 and then click the commandbutton3(). Its redundant(cant spell that). So how do you have the user just click on commandbutton3() and have the CustomDocumentProperties("list").Value read listbox2 without actually clicking(highlighting) it?
Thanks, Todd

Upvote 0
By definition, a listbox contains a list. So if nothing is selected, it does not have a value. If you want something that will only hold one value, use a textbox. But you can set the custom document properties from anywhere (ActiveWorkbook.CustomDocumentProperties("list").Value = ListBox2.Value ) -- again keeping in mind that for ListBox2 to have a value, there must be an item in ListBox2 selected.

If this doesn't help, send me the workbook with step by step instructions of what I should do to get the incorrect result (and maybe instructions on how you do get the desired result).

-rh

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back