Mail Merge from Multiple worksheets

G

Say I have a workbook with multiple pages - one for each of several occupations of employees for example. On each page I have a table with columns labled as per Word merge fields (first_name, last_name etc).

How can I merge from a single selected page for a particular occupation? It seems to want to look on the first page only.

(Excel 97)

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
anon,

i don't know if this process is the same for excel 97, but I use excel 2000 and word 2000 and i manage to merge a selected sheet using the following process:

from word
tools -> mail merge

select your "Main Document"

"Data Source" and when the window pops up for you to find your source excel data source, put a check in the "Select Method" box at the bottom then open the file.

You will now get a window entitled "Confirm data source:". Select "Microsoft Excel Worksheet via Converter (*.xls,*.xlw)" then click "ok"

(note: you will probably need your excel cd to install the needed feature - first time only )

Now you will get a window "Open Worksheet" which gives you a drop down menu with all the worksheets of the excel data source you selected in it.

Hope thats what you were looking for. I hope that works for excel 97.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back