simple excel book for VB and object

keithkemble

Board Regular
The Excell help is limited. I have learnt a fantastic amount of hidden functions from the bulletin board and wish to enlarge my KB further.

I am looking for an VB book and object listing, functions etc that demonstrate the working of the said definition.
Maybe accompanied by a cd etc
Any pointer would be grateful.
Thanks

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Keith, a few years ago I bought a book titled "Visual Basic for Applications Unleashed" and found it very helpful. It's published by SAMS Publishing.

Upvote 0
Hi Kieth -

Hi mate your London at a guess right? Im London South Stretham / Brixton (i know cheerful areas) But look i work in Software and Finance i have access to a lot if i can be bothered that is. I could keep you in mind and get some stuff.

I have loads of manuals of many Microsoft software, i did get MS Excl VBA PRESS version $25 (pounds not $) and most MS books are good if limited.

Go to Amazon or Jungle on the web and have a look - I only buy MS Books but they are sometimes limited.

BEST input i can give is this, ill get shot for these comments but ill tell you straight.

Some of the guys on this board are a lot better and knowledgeable that they let on, and many are GURUS i really mean this, look at there web sites and rip their work apart, save EVERY page and print it and learn it inside out abd upside down, theres about 10 guru web site i refere to most on MrExcel as well, so books ???? try my suggestion, you but the work in and get th results.

Also remember you can post questions if your unsure, ive made good friends here ... they really will help you and the skys the limit.

take care mate.. drop your email ill bounce some VBA stuff i have for you...

Rdgs
==========
Jack

Upvote 0
Jack,

Appreciated.

Your right about the gurus. They have been tremendous towards me. Its greatly appreciated. I have no intention of leaving this board its so flexible.

I have ordered a book Office 97 Annoyances from the USA. I look forward to seeing it.
If Mr excel is listening his links go to Amazon USA. If we buy from the Amazon Uk does he still get his earner.

PS
Would you be jack in the Uk from the previous board.
KK

PS to Barrie, I will search for your recommendation when I return from playing golf.

Upvote 0
Hi --

Yep its me ... typos joining the place.. and all the agros finding my way about - could do with a manual!

At least no people cant use my name and slag me off quite so easy... as they wont have my password..i was getting sick of getting posts remoeved.

So thats good.. like i say post me if i can help SURE! I HAVE A LOOK ABOUT FOR YOU...

Upvote 0
Kieth, I have a file that I downloaded from somewhere (just don't remember where to give the author credit) which is an .XLS file that covers every function in excel and gives a description and examples of the usage. It is a workbook with 166 worksheets in it. I would be happy to forward it to you if you like. The file is xlfdic01.zip and is 276K bytes zipped. If you want me to email this to you please email me at the address shown here, as I do not send non requested attachments to emails.

Rick

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjurney

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back