Create sounds on selecting cell

G

For Mark O'Brien :-

When a cell is selected, how do you make it sing the national anthem and how do you set which country's anthem is to be sung?

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
****, I knew I should never have posted that message. :)

If you're being serious repost and I'll tell you.
Here are some materials that you'll need.

1. Sound Files of selected national anthems (preferably no English or British ones, I suggest a sage selection of "Flower of Scotland", "Oh Canada", "La Marseillaise" and "Advance Australia Fair").

2. Excel

3. Some cotton wool

4. Sticky back plastic

5. 6 cans of extra strength lager

Upvote 0
Hi Mark

I was going to postthis but i get enough greif from prosters have digs at me past year, poor english and terrible speller and im english! little education see.

I love Formula one and have designed a league (well a great friend Chris D has for US) we have a little group of us predicting winners just fun, now all friends have fun see,

Ivan made it poss to have drivers pictures pop up in comments on roll over with code, now i wanted to add Anthems to driver and team, thought would be wicked.... so for each race would be loads,

drivers x 6, teams x 6 and venue x 1 each race.

is this possible.... see it about before but like i say i an seriouse and i would use it ..

.>>>>>>
1. Sound Files of selected national anthems (preferably no English or British ones, I suggest a sage selection of "Flower of Scotland", "Oh Canada", "La Marseillaise" and "Advance Australia Fair").

So come on what worng with the English????? UK and USare best friends all ways will, i care not who or where.... only joking mate

BTW British anthem no such thing each UK nations have own and Eire (Ireland) has its own also.

Upvote 0
I had a feeling that the Formula 1 league had something to do with this. I was following that thread. It's an interesting idea, using the comments like that.

Anyway, back to the tunes. I suggest you search for midi files, in the interests of keeping the spreadsheet small. (David Coulthard would probably Appreciate "Flower of Scotland" more than "God Save the Queen")

In Excel, goto Insert|Object, then browse to your sound file of choice. In my example we will be using David Coulthard as an example (it could just as easily have been Michael Schumacher, but definitely not Jensen Button. :) )

Select the now midi object and rename it to something like "Scotland". Rename it in the dropdown box thingy that usually tells you what cell is active.

Then, simply, in the sheets change event stick something like this in:

<pre>
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)

If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

Select Case Target.Value

Case "David Coulthard"
Sheets("Sheet1").OLEObjects("Scotland").Verb

Case Else
Exit Sub

End Select

End Sub</pre>

This should hopefully work out for you. I just installed WinAmp yesterday and this is initiating WinAmp. So I guess if you have an application associated to the file type you're starting then it's going to initiate that application as well. Last week it was just playing the sound files for me, bummer.

Upvote 0
So come on what worng with the English????? UK and USare best friends all ways will, i care not who or where.... only joking mate

BTW British anthem no such thing each UK nations have own and Eire (Ireland) has its own also.

What's wrong with the English is that I'm Scottish. :)

Actually, some of my best friends are English. No, honest. I also have friends of all sexual orientations and ethnic backgrounds. :wink:

Actually England doesn't really have a national anthem. "God Save the Queen" is actually the British national anthem.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Devolution/Story/0,2763,190958,00.html

Scotland is torn between "Scotland the Brave" and "Flower of Scotland" and this is one of the pressing matters that the devolved Scottish parliament is trying to figure out. :)

I'm also in favour of a devolved English parliament BTW.

Yay! Politics on MrExcel.Com

I might as well throw this in, I used to live in London. Teddington/Twickenham area.

Upvote 0
Never one to argue

Teddington/Twickenham is hardly London!!!!

Brixton / Steatham is know arround the world and is know as london (South London my home)

Nice code will paly and se if can get some cool results, England is fine county really just has many of its own problems, but Excel has no notice to and such problems and works as well as well all can.

I look forward to this, will be fun...
thanks

Upvote 0
Come now, we all know that the City of London is but 1 square mile of area that holds most the famous places/tourist attractions. :)

If it's inside zone 6, it's London. :)

Upvote 0
No Mark

London to be london has to be London Postcode TRUE or not/

Brixton is London South West 2, the high street is SW9 not thta that is Brixton OFFICIALLY its Stockwell that SW9, and Brixton is SW2 only, Brixton is very small, now not so SW9 SW2 and SE5 Loughborough is classed as Brixton.

Stratham is SW16 and Streatham Hill is South bit of SW2 but its all pointless no postcode ... you cant come in....

you welcome by all means but Teddington is nice and Twickers is nice... look out the windows, no muggers so must ne a nice day or is that the rain keeping them away?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sienna de Souza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back