combo boxes

G

I need to know something, I've created the combo box and linked it to the range of data.
i have used "help" and discovered the index formula, but, i need to know how to make the selection that is clicked appear in another cell.

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
On 2002-03-13 14:51, Anonymous wrote:
I need to know something, I've created the combo box and linked it to the range of data.
i have used "help" and discovered the index formula, but, i need to know how to make the selection that is clicked appear in another cell.

If you used Forms from Toolbars to create the ComboBox, you can use:

=INDEX(SourceList,CellLink)

where SourceList is what you used as Input Range and CellLink is the cell you anchored the ComboBox.
This message was edited by Aladin Akyurek on 2002-03-13 15:07

Upvote 0
right no probs- you create the combo box based on the range of information you want to be picking from and give it a cell link - then in the cell where you want the information you pick to appear you enter an Index Function specifiying the range of cells that act as the basis for the combo box rang of cells as your array, and you set the cell you made as the cell link be the row source or cell -in the formula by selecting it - then if you pick the first name off the list using the drop-down box the no 1 appears in the cell link and then the index formlua looks down the list of information and finds the first cell entry.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back