Excel and web sites!

crinkle

Hi
Can anyone help? I was wandering if my work book which as macros user forms etc can be put into a web page so users online can use the work book as it is a work book now with all the macros, user forms etc still working. Also will it be able to run from the web site rather than a download, it will need protection also so people can't save it and re use it.
Thanks
Chris

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
You could do this if you were using something like Sharepoint - but only one user at a time would be able to have the file open & use the macros as with normal XL behaviour (AFAIK)

And all users would require Office on their machines.

Upvote 0
Will!!!! You know something about SharePoint!? I've been trying to find anyone that knows a danged thing about it. How much ya know?

Upvote 0
Hi
What is sharepoint? and how does it work? I have never heard of this before.
Thanks
Chris

Upvote 0
Crinkle - still trying to suss that one out me own self. :biggrin: But here's the link to Will's blog. I have not yet had time to sift through the info he's put out there so we're in a "blind leading the blind" situation from me, but hopefully Will's info will shed a bit of light on it for you (and some day very soon, myself). But from what I have been able to gather it's some type of MS product/service that you can impliment that will enable web-based document sharing. Sort of like a web version of a LAN. At least that's my hope 'cause that's what I need!

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone but i think this is a bit over my head for the moment. The share point seems quite complex.
Thanks anyway
Chris

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back