Can I do this

G

Hi There,

I have a spreadsheet where I have a list of patient numbers, date of birth etc. Also in this list I need to list control numbers, their date of birth etc. What I want to do is match the controls birth date to a patient’s birth date plus or minus one year. For example, say I have a patient whose birth date is Sept. 23, 1945. I need to look in my list of controls patients to see if I can match their birth date to one of the patients, within one year before or after, i.e. between Sept 23, 1944 and Sept. 23, 1946). Is there a way I can put in a formula to match up these patients to a control subject. I don't even know if this is possible any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
How about using conditional formatting. Setup a conditional format that highlights a control birthdate if it is between (patient birthdate - 365) and (patient birthdate + 365).

I hope this helps.
Kind regards, Al

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back