Screen Tips

G

How do I add screen tips to a worksheet? I don't have a hyperlink and I still want to add tips when the mouse is placed over column headings.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
I'm not sure what you mean about the hyperlink, but if you look in the Excel help file for screentips, it should give you some information on it.

I checked it in Excel 2000, and it doesn't mention anything about being able to use it for the column headings; just the buttons on the toolbars.

Upvote 0
Hello:
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for or not, but if it helps:

Click on a cell in your workbook, then click Data, Validation. Then select the Input Message tab. Add a Title and a message, and when a user clicks the cell they see what may as well be a tool tip. I don't think this will work for columns though.....

FWIW

Dave

Upvote 0
I think Waggy answered your question right. Click on the cell you want the tip in then choose insert from the main tool bar, click on comment then type in your tip. When ever a user holds the cursor over that cell the tip will display.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back