How can I stop a macro before it finishes?

Mood

I have a macro that calls up a series of about 12 inputboxes. The first inputbox opens, waits for me to type the numbers, I press enter, and then it goes to another cell and the next inputbox opens up, etc. The problem I have is that there is no way for me to stop or cancel the macro between the different inputboxes (before the "Range.Select" is executed.) Is there a way of pressing the ESC key to stop or cancel the macro? Here is part of the code for the macro:

Range("B4").Select
MyNum2 = Application.InputBox(Prompt:="REGULAR HOURS", Title:="HOURS OF WORK", Default:="80", Type:=1)
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = MyNum2

CANCEL HERE

Range("C4").Select
MyNum3 = Application.InputBox(Prompt:="TIME AND ONE HALF HOURS", Title:="HOURS OF WORK", Default:="4", Type:=1)
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = MyNum3

or CANCEL HERE etc.

Thanks for any help

Peter
This message was edited by Mood on 2002-03-14 09:21

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
I have a macro that calls up a series of about 12 inputboxes. The first inputbox opens, waits for me to type the numbers, I press enter, and then it goes to another cell and the next inputbox opens up, etc. The problem I have is that there is no way for me to stop or cancel the macro between the different inputboxes (before the "Range.Select" is executed.) Is there a way of pressing the ESC key to stop or cancel the macro? Here is part of the code for the macro:

Range("B4").Select
MyNum2 = Application.InputBox(Prompt:="REGULAR HOURS", Title:="HOURS OF WORK", Default:="80", Type:=1)

CANCEL HERE

Range("C4").Select
MyNum3 = Application.InputBox(Prompt:="TIME AND ONE HALF HOURS", Title:="HOURS OF WORK", Default:="4", Type:=1)
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = MyNum3

or CANCEL HERE etc.

Thanks for any help

Peter

You wouldn't be able to press a key because the time taken to between executing the lines:-

and

Range("C4").Select

would be almost instant.

The way to exit a sub is to use

Exit Sub

If you want to exit the procedure if the user presses Cancel on the inputbox is to use this:-

If CStr(MyNum2)="False" Then Exit Sub

HTH,
D

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back