Help - want macro form to populate spreadsheet

G

Please forgive me, I'm new. I'm building a spreadsheet with 8 columns of information. I'm very comfortable in Excel, but have never worked with macros. Someone else, who is computer illiterate, needs to be able to add data to my spreadsheet.

Ideally, what I want is a form, so this person can enter all the data into text boxes. When they hit enter I want each column of the next blank row to be populated. This person can then use the form again to enter the next row. Can this be done?

I hope this makes some sense.
Thanks, -M

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Try selecting the first cell (preferably with a column heading) in your data and clicking on Data-Form. This gives you the option of reviewing your data and adding data to the next row. This might be an easier option than creating a userform :).

Upvote 0
Mudface - thanks for the tip. Unfortuately, I'm afraid it give the other user too much ability to screw things up. I'm still looking for help on how to do this - please see my original post. I've tried to find tips on useforms, and cannot find the info I'm looking for.

I would appreciate any real help.

-M

Upvote 0
The simplest way for you to do what you is to add the amount of textboxes that you want to the userform with a label for each describing what should be entered into the textbox. Then have a command button to enter the data into the next empty column. If you send me some sample data then I can create a basic userform for you.

Hope this helps.
Kind regards, Al.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Et_Cetera

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back