Data validation and Worksheet_Change

jacallow

I have a macro that operates through Worksheet_Change. However, when I change a cell via a data validation drop-down box, this macro is never called. When I change the cell value by hand, the macro is called correctly. How can I run this macro when I change this value via the drop-down box?

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Hi

Do you need to refresh??

remember also the drop down box you select data it returns address box to number to selected range?? yes..

so the box means nothing to target as macro, unless the macro works on number that changes in that changed cell on change in drop down box.

If your sill with me, you need to set the target away to col Z or what evere and dropdown to the Y col and in Z have vlookup tio refer back to the data source the dropdown gets ints referencing from.

then the drop down change is reflected in three places and will target as macro trip and colour you line, no real VBA adjustmenty bar taret column = X not A and set the sheet to allow changes.

I really do hope you can follow that, and it will work as this i have just done today and sucess....

BTW i hide the data reference cells.. tidy that way.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back