lookup for a picture (map)

peter_wcx

I need to pull in a map for a particular physical address. I have about seven maps to clinics. When I put in a store location number in one cell, I'd like for the corresponding map to appear on the page in a defined range.

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Hi Jack,

What's GP mean?

If you mean that the question is almost impossible to understand without more info then I agree with you!

I need to pull in a map for a particular physical address. I have about seven maps to clinics. When I put in a store location number in one cell, I'd like for the corresponding map to appear on the page in a defined range.

What's the 'physical address'? What are the maps to clinics? I think I understand what you want to do (and I think it will require VBA) but without more info it's very difficult to understand what you're after.

Regards,
D

Upvote 0
I will gladly send the file if needed. On worksheet 1, I have a cell where the numerial store number is entered. I use "vlookup" to retrieve the address of that particular store from a database in worksheet 2. In worksheet 3, I have individual maps to each location pasted. It is these maps that I would like to appear on sheet 1 along with the store address.

On 2002-03-14 15:35, dk wrote:
Hi Jack,

What's GP mean?

If you mean that the question is almost impossible to understand without more info then I agree with you!

What's the 'physical address'? What are the maps to clinics? I think I understand what you want to do (and I think it will require VBA) but without more info it's very difficult to understand what you're after.

Regards,
D

Upvote 0
dk hi mate

GP is British Govenment linked to General Practice ... Doctors.. Hospitals and ... so on...

He wont tell us much if so so i asked well i can help off the board on that one see...

BUT

I would as i still say in right... split the maps into sheets and one each vlookup address fax tel email NHSNet and so on and then hyperlink on tagget to that sheet in that region ...... and command button back to switchboard...

This i cant say i have done or would do but ... its possible and just an idea....

multi select mapping is hard work for what i feel is required.. maybe in wrong..

Upvote 0
Hi peter_wcx

Give this a whirl:

Put a macro button on Worksheet 1 with title "Click for Map"
Paste this code into a module assigned to this macro button:

On Error Resume Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("Sheet3").Select
Answer = InputBox("Insert number of map required" & vbCrLf & "1. Clinic A" & vbCrLf & "2. Clinic B" & vbCrLf & "3. Clinic C" & vbCrLf & "4. Clinic D" & vbCrLf & "5. Clinic E")
If Answer = 1 Then Range("A1").Copy
If Answer = 2 Then Range("A2").Copy
If Answer = 3 Then Range("A3").Copy
If Answer = 4 Then Range("A4").Copy
If Answer = 5 Then Range("A5").Copy
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Range("D4").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteComments, Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
ActiveCell.Comment.Visible = True
End Sub

In Worksheet 3
Put a comment in the 5 cells A1:A5
Edit each comment, as follows
Right click the border
Format comment
tab Color and Lines
open dropdown box for color
Fill Effects…
Picture
Select picture of your map
Click insert and Okay
Stretch your picture comment window to an appropriate size

Click macro button in Worksheet 1
Input box opens
Enter No of map
Hey Presto !

To print map-comment on Sheet1,
go to Page Set Up
tab for Sheet
under Print, comments box
select "As displayed on sheet"
click okay

Have fun
regards
Derek
This message was edited by Derek on 2002-03-15 00:39

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back