Listbox Problem

Charlie

Board Regular
I have a listbox on a worksheet,it is linked to an empty cell B16,the box itself has the input range Titles,this displays a list of book titles in the listbox.My problem is how do I make this box display when a book title is clicked, the cost price and the discount price.This information is on a seperate worksheet called Catalogue, the cells for the data are F2 Cost price and H2 for discount price.Corresponding values must be displayed for the various book titles.Index functions must be used to achieve the result, this has me completely stumped.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
You know listbox returns the item order number of the item in data range when clicked. You can use this number with INDEX function to point selected item value in main data range.

If it would be difficult to understand by these words then please send me your xls to whow you how it could be done.

suat

Upvote 0
Thankyou for replying, I managed to find the solution myself eventually, im sorry my message was not clearer, but I thought i put the question as clearly as I could, maybe when I learn more about excel I will be able to phrase things a little better, the solution I came up with is =INDEX(Discount_Price,B16,1)=INDEX(Cost_Price,B16,1)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back