How do I find and break links?

G

I have a large spreadsheet. When I go to Edit/Links, it says I have links to two other spreadsheets on my C drive. I've done a Find for the filenames and they don't turn up in any of the tabs. Nothing ending in XLS.

Is there a way to find which formulas contain the links? Could something besides formulas be linked? I want to get rid of the links.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Hi --

Common question.. can i suggest search links and these bundels there. Check out my pal Chris Davidson, he love links and has a way arrond this, find him in memebers.. about assigning links to dummy link delete... very cleaver.

Upvote 0
A quick way to look at your formulae is by hitting your ctrl key and ~ at the same time. Links also tend to build up in the name ranges. Go to insert->names->define... and if you have names, just highlight them and see what they're referring to.

Also, these guys say they have a program to delete the links, haven't tried it, but here's the link:

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/vba/ws/findlinks.htm

Hope this helps.

Cheers,<font size=+2><font color="red"> Nate<font color="blue">O</font></font></font>
This message was edited by NateO on 2002-03-14 15:39

Upvote 0
NateO

I was trying to get rid of some similarly ghostly links, so I followed your "Ctrl+~" advice in one of the sheets of my workbook. It didn't appear to do anything at all, but somehow the links problem has stopped popping up! How did this fix my problem??

Thanks BTW!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richa mishra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back