Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Area Calculation in excel

I have warehouse of 5000Sq.Yards where I have to put pallets and outers of different sizes. One pallets will hold different No of outers according to the outer dimentions.

1) I want to calculate how many pallets will be needed for this ware house.

2) Similarly how many pallets will be needed to hold the material on it according to its outer size.

Is there any calculation available in the excel for area. or any one have kind of worksheet please share. or Thanks

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can use Excel to help, but many things have not been mentioned.

How many feet do you need between rows of pallets, for a lift truck or pallet jack to be able to manuver? What is the size of the pallets? Do you have any restrictions on how close to the wall the pallets can sit (in the US, they are supposed to be 18" away from the wall)? Are there doorways and fire lanes that must be kept open?

Once you have gathered that information, you can then draw a rough map of the warehouse floor, with aisleways, doorways, lanes, etc., and then figure out how much space you have remaining for pallets.

If a pallet is 1 sq. yard, and you have 3,000 sq yards of space remaining (after aisleways, doorways, etc.) then you would have space enough for 3,000 pallets (single stacked of course)

You can also use the drawing tools in Excel to duplicate the map, and show the locations of various products, etc.
    Service before self...

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others