excel error: ojbect invoked has disconnected from its client

T James

Hello,

I am having an issue with excel. I have a spreadsheet that runs a macro which calls another spreadsheet (a template) and starts filling that template with data from an oracle table. Finally the macro saves the template as another spreadsheet with the retrieved data in it.

I invoke this process via a perl script and use a vbs script to launch excel and open the first workbook.

When i run the perl script to start the process it opens excel with the first workbook, then calls the template workbook and starts refreshing the data (from oracle table using odbc). It refreshes data on about 6 of 8 sheets then i get this error:

Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':

Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

Yet i can open up the template spreadsheet and manually refresh the data from the oracle table on every sheet without error.

This process refreshes about 50 different workbooks. It always gives me the above error during refreshing of the first workbook.

Wierd Note: I've run this process about 50 times....48 times it has failed on the first workbook. But 2 times, it processed thru about 35 workbooks...including ones that previously failed, then it fails with the same error. No changes were implemented during the 2 almost successful runs.

- i've researched this error a bit, checked the mscal.ocx component, unqualified declarations, and odbc connectios and timeout...nothing seems to be fixing this issue.

any help or knowledge about this issue would be greatly appreciated

The box this is running on is windows 2003 enterprise edition sp 1 and excel 2003 sp 1

Thank you,

Todd

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Hi Todd, welcome to the Board!

Came across this link in a Google search. Try the related answers in the thread and see if they help you.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back