Can I add a search engine to my form?

G

I have a form which is quite huge. Is there anyway I can add a search engine to my form where the user would search for an account number, find the row where the account number is and make any necessary amendments??

Thanks

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
I don't know if it would work - as I am not well versed in this Visual Basic- Could you tell me what it would do?

Carol

Upvote 0
The following code searches for a variable called AccountNumber and activates the cell:

Cells.Find(What:=AccountNumber, After:=Range("A1"),LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns,SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False).Activate

I hope this helps.
Kind regards, Al.

Upvote 0
It's not a visual basic function :). Try clicking on the first cell in your data list and then select Data-Filter-Autofilter from the excel main toolbar. A set of drop-down arrows should then appear. Click on an arrow in the column in which you want to find a value and either scroll down to it on the dropdown list or use a custom autofilter. This will then just show the rows you want to modify. Click back on the arrow and select All to show all your data. Might be OK for you ....

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back