Saving a File with the name of a month

G

Hi guys,

I have a form called Demo.xls which users use to update a worksheet. There is a combobox at the top of the form where the user would select the month being processed. What I want to do is :

To have the worksheet associated with the form saved as - let's say the month selected is January- leaving Demo.xls empty.

I also want that everytime the user opens Demo.xls and adds data for Janauary it is added onto January and does not overwrite what was there before- without asking if to save the file.

Can this be accomplished? Any help would be appreaciated.

Thanks

Carol

Carol

Hi i to hate no name not that i care the name just so i can answer to someone or nickname, makes it personal to me, check my posts i answer ANYONE regardless, i care not.

Look its simple, you hard me hard you easy me simple i could not cae much, if its posted i can answetr and i will if i can and IF I SEE IT, i dont check all as i work in my time at home, i have 2 jobs,,,, in one.

Email me look in profile and ill pick it up, send the doc or if not ill send a black doc with the code you want in it.

Demo March 2002 i guess will be OK but be blunt, i dont wat 50 versions to do, ill get exactly what you want easy, ill do it monday from work if OK with you.

Tell me :

Name of default ie Demo

Additions ie date but how March 2002 or 15 march 2002 so it changes to date current

Do you need to save often on one day if so i can unique the file name so can save every second if needs be.

any other data in the file name.

Do you want th ecode locked, or will you add macros to this book

Do you also want to command button this save as my defind name, or dop you want when you close... best command button,

post you email and ill email if i need to check something.

dont wory you shall have as you wish.

i trust this is ok.

On the not of Bills comments (MrExcel) i think he was pulling your leg a little, Bills OK trust me i have been hear 2 years, Bill fine.. but his comments are true, if you need more that a snip of cool code, he or others can design a wonderful WB for you, but of cause your moving into projects so will be chargeable, ill get you out of trouble so to speak, and from there try it if you need more you decide.

I hope you are ok wuth this, and im not being awkward, im offering help and you will get as you want.

take care..

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
On 2002-03-15 08:52, Brian from Maui wrote:
You may lose a few anonymous posters asking questions, but there will not be a lack of registered users answering questions.

Anonymouse....Good one!! :biggrin:

Brian

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-15 08:52, Brian from Maui wrote:
You may lose a few anonymous posters asking questions, but there will not be a lack of registered users answering questions.

Anonymouse....Good one!! :biggrin:

Brian

But the logical extrapolation of your comment is that if there are fewer posters asking questions, there will be fewer responses and therefore a smaller amount of useful input !!

Upvote 0
Mr Dante,

I stand corrected. You are absolutely right! I have learned quite a few things from anonymous posters.

Brian

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back