DA Form 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavageMind

Hi all this is my first post.

I am creating a DA Form 6 wich is used to determine duty cycles. The first two colums A&B are for rank and name by row. the next 40 colums are to put numbers and symbols to determine who's turn it is. the first person will have a / then will count down from the number of names on the worksheet. so if there are 30 names, the first person will have / in colum C and will couunt down from 29 until it reaches 1 then it will have another / until it reaches the end of the 40 colums. The second name will have a 1 in colum C, a / in colum D and then it will count down. I would like to automate this document so it will autofill these cells, will allow exceptions and caculate for exceptions. The proper filing out of this document is covered in AR 220-45 and has an example wich can be googled. My Excel knowledge is limited any help would be great thanks.

SavageMind

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
hey dakota727, i know this topic has drug on for years now. Your previous versions of the DA 6 are awesome. I have been using them for a couple of years now, found them on that link that you posted.

Now i have a new issue, the unit that im currently assigned to does not allow the use of macros and they are automatically disabled by the administrator when you open a file. Is there any way to do this automatically? i saw at the beginning of the thread that there were some formulas, and i have something similar to that. However as far as using the exemptions for the days im just lost. is it realistically possible to do this without macros, only using conditional formatting and formulas?

Upvote 0
I think it would be impossible to recreate this without macros. I would suggest seeing if one of the following options would work.
See if you can edit the Trust Center settings to approved the file and/or the content by creating a signed certificate for the content.
Or run the file on a personal computer and then save the file in a format that removes the macros before putting on your Unit's PC.
Talk to your IT/Admin see if there are any other options...

Sorry not being a developer this question is outside my area of expertise. Maybe a specific post on the topic on this board would help get you to an answer.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello dakota,
Do you think I could get a copy of your DA-6? I haven't had any luck finding an excel template except for here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

TJ

Upvote 0
Do anyone still have a copy of this DA 6? The website that it use to be on is down. Thanks if you do.

CM

Upvote 0
Please do not private message me asking to send you a copy of the file without letting me know an email address. To make matters worse if you have a full inbox when I try and contact you with an IM for your email it will not be delivered.

Upvote 0
@dakota727 I would really love to get a copy of your DA 6 excel version for my duty rosters that I have to create. thank you so much for all the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back