Pivot Table

G

Is it possible to gather data for a pivot table from more that one worksheet? I tried to do this but everytime I selected data in a new worksheet, the range field would erase my first range.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Only in a very special case where you can use multiple consolidation ranges. Why don't you have all you data in a single source?

Upvote 0
The data I have collected is huge and varied and makes more sense to keep in one workbook and assigning tabs to certain data (very useful for trending information). I have had a request to extract information that happens to be on three of the 10 worksheets. Short of cutting and pasting it on a new sheet, I thought I might be able to figure out a way to create a pivot table that will consolidate parts of these pages. What special cases allow this to happen? Thanks.

Upvote 0
Are you familiar with Excel's Consolidation feature in general? You might want to take a the Help topic for "consolidating data" and more specifically, "About creating a PivotTable to consolidate multiple data ranges".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kuldeep90

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back