Pivot Table
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pivot Table

Is it possible to gather data for a pivot table from more that one worksheet? I tried to do this but everytime I selected data in a new worksheet, the range field would erase my first range.

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only in a very special case where you can use multiple consolidation ranges. Why don't you have all you data in a single source?

The data I have collected is huge and varied and makes more sense to keep in one workbook and assigning tabs to certain data (very useful for trending information). I have had a request to extract information that happens to be on three of the 10 worksheets. Short of cutting and pasting it on a new sheet, I thought I might be able to figure out a way to create a pivot table that will consolidate parts of these pages. What special cases allow this to happen? Thanks.

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you familiar with Excel's Consolidation feature in general? You might want to take a the Help topic for "consolidating data" and more specifically, "About creating a PivotTable to consolidate multiple data ranges".

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others