Assign new macro to buttons

John

I have a workbook containing 33 worksheets and a very large amount of macro code. This workbook is about 1.4 mb.

By making various entries and choices the user has a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 4 pages that they need to save. In order to reduce file size I am copying these pages to a new workbook(template) and then saving this new workbook. The original workbook is not saved. The problem is that when the user opens the saved book if they click on any of the buttons they get a message saying (workbook1) macro not found. I need to write a macro that would assign a new macro to the buttons. (a pop up message telling the user they were disabled).

My problem here is that sometimes there will be 4 sheets and sometimes only 3. The sheet names will vary as will the number of buttons on each sheet. Another problem I am finding is that since I sometimes did a cut and paste of buttons often more than one is called button one (these were created from forms) so I could have say 3 button 1’s, 1 button 7 etc (incidentally can you rename these buttons).

Is there a simple way to produce a macro that will select each sheet in turn, determine the number of buttons on that sheet then assign a new macro to them?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
As you will no doubt see there are many ways to do this and unfortnately most over-complicate what should be very simple.

Rather that Copy the Worsheets to another book jut delete the ones you don't wnat and then save it as it's new name. it's that easy!

The use of:

Application.DisplayAlerts=False
Sheet2.Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts=True

Will prevent the sheet delete warining.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arndtea

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back