Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Identifying user

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been working on a password entry system, But i need it to use a number of diffrent valid password, which can change every time another user signs up. I currently have this:

If strPass = "password" Then
    MsgBox "Log in OK!"
    Run "signin"

But there is only one valid password available, i have tried adding extra passwords using comas, but nothing i've tried has worked. Plus i need the system to update all valid passwords 4 each time some1 signs up. All passwords are stored in colum I2 onwards. I have been working on this 4 ages. Please help, even itf its a little help, any thing will be appreciated thanks,

Craig

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, craig, i know exactly what your problem is. what you need is a system to log all passwords and the usernames, and then record that as a macro. but as everyone hates you, no-one is gonna do it for you, HA HA BILLY!!!! go find some friends you lonely pOO!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please? no1 has any help?

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your "PassWord" needs to be a variable.
    Then you need to ID the user. you could get this info from a msgbox: then compare the info recieved to a list using a loop through the range of User Names on a veryhidden sheet. You could then use OffSet to place a password in the cell next to the user name (Have them do it twice to confirm).(Write this in a new user valadation routine so that you can regulate who gets a password.)

Once they have a password and you've moved it to the list: Then your code would ask for username: if it exists it would ask for password: and compare this to the infor next to the user name and allow the user to proceed.. if not it would deny access. You can even set it up for say,,,Three tries and Excel will quit.

I can write this but it would be time consumming, and you would not have the oportunity to enjoy the learning experiance

I hope this jumpstarts you.

Use the help files in the VBE they are extensive and with patience you should be able to figure it out.

Yours in
    EXCELent Frustration
    KniteMare

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others