a Wierd one in excel 97

mtempleton

Has anyone ever come across excel 97 changing colums sizes when you open a spreadsheet? It seems to happen with different sheets at different times, the only thing I can think to do is to try & squash the entire installation & re-install & patch but it's a bit of a pain to have to ?

Cheers

Mark

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Hi Mark,

yeah, I've only ever had this problem once as most of my spreadsheets are only used by myself..... can't remember if there was a solution, per se, or just an overall general agreement grumble - try searchign this board and the old archives on "column width", there's definitely in there about this

Upvote 0
Hi

To add can i suggest checking the versions are the same, not some patched top SR1 also check the build of Excel as the are different and get sulky - 'cos she can you know!

Also chectthe default page set up are the same can be all sorts, no two PCs are configured the same or are until someone starts customising them!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back