Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can formulas be ignored?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Can formulas be ignored?

After all the time I worked on this I found a solution that works and the user is happy with it.

I used the following formula: =VLOOKUP(C4,$B$43:$D$73,3,FALSE)

Since I needed the errors to be in the cell for it to sort to the bottom, I didn't need to evaluate if it contained a formula. Also, with the conditional format alternating rows with white/gray I couldn't change the font color of only the error rows without making a mess of all of the other CF. So, with the user's permission, I added a CF to that column only that would change all fill and font with the same shade of gray if the cell value is an error. Now all of the gray sorts to the bottom.

This may not be the best solution, changing the font color of the error cells, but it works and that is good enough for me.
    Thanks,
    Shirlene

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Can formulas be ignored?

Hi, Xenou

I tried the ZZZ much earlier in my process but it still left me with the problem of making the text blend in. Just formatting the text in white didn't solve the problem because of the alternating white/gray backgrounds.

Basically, I did have to force the text the blend in, but I just made it all gray and it blends much better than all white. My user is happy and that makes me happy, too.

Thanks again!!!

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others