Linking question

kluitna

Board Regular
I have several workbooks with links to other workbooks, Some of these links were create in the process of testing macros and such.

What I am trying to do now is remove those bad links. But I can not find where that is done at. I looked at edit links, and I can redirect links there and update them, but I don't see the option to just irradicate them. Anyone else ever had this problem?

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
On 2002-03-19 09:32, kluitna wrote:
I have several workbooks with links to other workbooks, Some of these links were create in the process of testing macros and such.

What I am trying to do now is remove those bad links. But I can not find where that is done at. I looked at edit links, and I can redirect links there and update them, but I don't see the option to just irradicate them. Anyone else ever had this problem?
I have written some code to identify links. Have a look at:

http://ca.geocities.com/b_davidso/Web_Page_Files/Excel/link_listing.html

If you need any help with implementing this just let me know.

Regards,

Upvote 0
Thanks for the code Barrie, I can see where it will come in handy in the future as this monster I am creating grows.

My current project really does not have that many links in it. Its just hat I can't get rid of the ones I have. Its irritating me. My ultimate goal is to create a series of workbooks that are linked together. But here is the tricky part. They will be a template for other users, so I want the links only to be estabished after a end user has moved the template workbooks to there final destination. Then they just hit a tool bar button and wall la the links are established in the correct paths. I hace the code to do this now. It will work really slick. now my problem is getting rid of all the bogus links I created to figure out that code. SO I can have a clean copy of the workbooks. Anyone have any ideas

Upvote 0
If you want to browse the contents of your cells, press ctrl & ~ at the same time. this makes it easy to browse, replace, delete, etc...Press ctrl & ~ to get back to value view mode.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Helps allot Nate,

Thanks for all the help, to both you and Barrie, This is strating to make allot more sense now. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back